MTA : Students who have passed Pre-University Examination (10+2) or equivalent examination in any discipline with at least 50% Marks are eligible to apply (relaxation by 5% for SC/ST candidates).
BTH : A candidate who has passed the two year pre-university examination in any discipline conducted by pre-university board of education in the state of Karnataka or any other examination considered as equivalent there to by the University is eligible for admission.
Rules for Admission
- All admissions are provisional and subject to the approval of the University of Mysore.
- The admission of candidates is made on the basis of marks obtained by them in the qualifying examination.
- Admissions are made on the condition that students will abide by the rules and regulations of the institute.
- Admissions are made on a year-to-year basis. Students are required to apply for readmission at the beginning of each academic year to continue their studies in the institute.
- Readmissions can be procured after satisfying certain conditions such as required percentage of attendance, academic progress & conduct.
- The Principal/Director reserves the right of admission.
- Documents Required for Admission
A).Completely filled in application form.
B).Six copies of recent passport size photograph.
C).Three photocopy of Caste certificate duly attested by a Gazetted Officer, along with original certificate.
D).Original Marks card of the qualifying examination along with an attested copy.
- Candidates once admitted cannot claim refund of fee already paid.
- Students with undesirable antecedents will not be allowed readmission to the next class.
- Parents or Guardians presence during admission is mandatory.
The Application Form for MTA and BTH with Prospectus can be obtained
- In person from the office of Director on payment of Application Fee of Rs.300/- by cash or
- By post, sending a requisition to The Director, Tourism Development Institute,
(A Unit of SBRR Mahajana First Grade College) Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana P.G.Center, K.R.S.Road, Metagalli, Mysore - 570 016 only along with a Demand Draft for Rs.350/- drawn in favour of The Director, Tourism Development Institute K.R.S.Road, Metagalli, Mysore - 570 016.
The Application Form will be sent by speed post. Application once sold by the Institute cannot be taken back and the amount will not be refunded or adjusted.
The Application Form is not transferable and the application for admission should be in the prescribed form for the year 2011 - 2012 and only the form issued by the Institute should be used.